Quick directions to climbing at the Dark Side of Springfield Gorge.
- State Rt. 4 towards Springfield.
- Take the Tecumseh / Lower Valley Pike exit (George Rogers Clark Park
- South / East on Lower Valley Pike.
- South (right) on Old Mill Rd.
- East (left) on Dayton Springfield Pike.
- Turn Left into trailer park at second entrance.
- Park out front next the the bus shelter and payphone by the road. I
have been warned that the manager of the trailer park will tow cars that
are parked back in the trailer park.
- Walk to the back of the trailer park, and cross the field. The Gorge
is just past the tree line. There is an easy access gully on the left
hand side of field, near a fire pit that is next to the gas pipeline
Overview map (85 k)
Detail map (108 k)
NOTE: This land is owned by Ohio Edison. While there aren't any no
trespassing signs, it is probably a good idea to be discrete while
climbing there. There is a large amount of trash in this area. Please do
not add to it. If possible, pack out some of the trash that is there. We
can't clean the whole area up, but we can try to at least clean up the
areas right in front of the good climbs.
||Last Updated August 10, 1998